Date / Starting Date - 19/11/2019 - 21/11/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Village Hall Iford
Lewes, BN7 3EJ
Held in East Sussex on November 19th, 20th & 21st 2019 and February 2020 11th, 12th & 13th 2020
This six-day course is the second part of the full 20-day End of Life Doula Diploma training. It is only available for people who have completed our Foundation Training and submitted their progression assignment & have received their feedback and progression statement to confirm their progression to Part II.
Themes covered include:
- Mapping the family tree
- Family relationships
- Family Dynamics
- Skills Required going into New Situations
- Stress responses Acute and Chronic Stress
- Self-Care + Building resilience
- What I bring to the role
- Volunteering opportunities
- Knowing Boundaries of Practice
- Safeguarding + Abuse of Vulnerable Adults
- LWDW Procedure
- Listening and communications skills
- Open and closed questioning in facilitating a conversation
- Engaging in difficult conversations
- The quality of Presence
- Appropriate touch
- Personal perspectives on life and death
- Difficult conversations
- Dynamics of Power and Control in the helping relationship
- Volunteering Standards/record keeping
Maximum of 16 people per training group.
Part II provides additional six day training expanding on the knowledge and skills required for the Doula role while working towards Part III and the full Diploma. Courses are externally monitored and certified by Crossfields Institute.
Booking Conditions and Cancellation Policy. Booking a place represents a commitment to attend every day of the course booked, which may involve two or more blocks some weeks apart. Before booking a place please ensure that you can commit to all dates of the course.
If you wish to cancel within 14 days of making your booking you will receive a full refund of the price paid. In the event of a cancellation after 14 days, the deposit element of £100 is non-refundable.
If you cancel up to 28 days before the course starts, 25% of the course fee is retained. If less than 28 days notice is given, 50% of fee will be retained. If less than 14 days notice the full fee will be retained. All cancellations must be received in writing either by letter or email.
We regret requests to transfer to a future course rather than a complete cancellation will be considered only in exceptional circumstances and will incur an administration fee of £50.
In the unlikely event of cancellation by LWDW it should be noted that we will not be held liable for any participants’ travel/accommodation costs.
How to book
You can book and pay in two ways:
- Using PayPal using your credit and debit card – please select PayPal at the end of the booking form below.
- By Cheque or BACs – please complete the form and select “pay offline” using the form below.
If you choose to pay offline we please make your payment as follows, we will confirm your place once payment have been received.
By cheque: Made payable to LWDW Training Ltd
By BACS: Triodos Bank, Sort Code: 16-58-10, Acc. No: 20713924
Please send cheques to LWDW Event Registration, Office 2, First Floor, 139 High Street, Lewes BN7 1XS
Online Booking and Prices
Bookings are closed for this event.