Date / Starting Date - 16/04/2019 - 18/04/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hebden Bridge Town Hall
St George's St,
Hebden Bridge, HX7 7BY
Held in Hebden Bridge on 16, 17, 18 April and 7, 8 June 2019 (a five-day course)
We regret that this course is now fully booked. Our Courses are in high demand and therefore we are in the process of scheduling more training for late 2019/2020. As all our current courses are now fully booked please do complete the contact form or sign up for our Newsletter so that you can be kept up to date with details of future training.
The five-day Foundation course is Part I of the 20-day Diploma in The Living Well Dying Well Person-Centred Approach to Death and Dying. This is a Crossfields Institute endorsed quality mark programme. All participants receive a CPD (Continuous Professional Development) certificate on completion of the five days.
The Foundation Course explores many of the issues in relation to death, dying and the end of life that, as citizens we all should be aware. Participants can take the Foundation as a stand-alone course or can progress on to the Diploma course, which is split into Parts II and III.
Themes covered include:
- understanding grief
- emotional and spiritual responses to death
- physical changes at the end of life
- increasing comfort, integrative health and supportive therapies
- rituals and practices within cultural and faith groups
- socio-legal requirements
- spiritual and self-care practices
- funeral directors practices.
Maximum of 16 people per training group.
Course requirements, expectations and progression
We have found that learners drawn to these courses are often on a personal or vocational journey and may include:
- lay people with a special feeling for being with the dying, who want to support friends, family or colleagues
- people with a professional background, such as nurses, complementary therapists, counsellors, clergy or nursing home staff, who want to develop skills in end of life support
Therefore, we ask that participants are over 18 years old and have:
- an affinity for this subject
- a willingness to embark upon a personal journey
- maturity, sensitivity, adaptability, empathy and good communication skills
- an awareness of, and are open to, spirituality in all its forms
- a wish to expand their knowledge and become more confident with death and dying.
The Foundation course will bring personal experiences and issues around illness, death and bereavement to the forefront and it is important that learners are aware and prepared to manage these. We gauge this through a short piece of writing on our enrolment form. If you have recently had a bereavement, please contact us to discuss the timing of your entry to the course before making a booking.
One of the things we suggest is that you use Foundation training to discover if the End of Life Doula role feels right for you. This role requires a high level of self-awareness, reflection, empathy and communication skills; all are personal qualities which straddle a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. A commitment to personal development is essential and many people find the programme life-changing.
For people wishing to progress, we require the successful completion of an assignment based on their learning from the Foundation course. We also discuss with each learner how the course is meeting their expectations, as well as their suitability for progressing to Parts II and III.
Booking Conditions and Cancellation Policy. Booking a place represents a commitment to attend every day of the course booked, which may involve two or more blocks some weeks apart. Before booking a place please ensure that you can commit to all dates of the course.
If you wish to cancel within 14 days of making your booking you will receive a full refund of the price paid. In the event of a cancellation after 14 days, the deposit element of £100 is non-refundable.
If you cancel up to 28 days before the course starts, 25% of the course fee is retained. If less than 28 days notice is given, 50% of fee will be retained. If less than 14 days notice the full fee will be retained. All cancellations must be received in writing either by letter or email.
We regret requests to transfer to a future course rather than a complete cancellation will be considered only in exceptional circumstances and will incur an administration fee of £50.
In the unlikely event of cancellation by LWDW it should be noted that we will not be held liable for any participants’ travel/accommodation costs.
How to book
You can book and pay in two ways:
- Using PayPal using your credit and debit card – please select PayPal at the end of the booking form below.
- By Cheque or BACs – please complete the form and select “pay offline” using the form below.
If you choose to pay offline we please make your payment as follows, we will confirm your place once payment have been received.
By cheque: Made payable to LWDW Training Ltd
By BACS: Triodos Bank, Sort Code: 16-58-10, Acc. No: 20713924
Please send cheques to LWDW Event Registration, Office 2, First Floor, 139 High Street, Lewes BN7 1XS
Online Booking and Prices
This event is fully booked.