The Diploma in the Living Well Dying Well Person-Centred Approach to Death and Dying is made up of three courses delivered over a 20-day programme. The Diploma course Part III provides additional nine days training after the completion of Part II expanding on the knowledge and skills required for the Doula role whilst working towards the full Diploma.
Dec019 days in total (3+3+3) 9am to 5pmCourse Code: HBIII-20-1
15% Deposit is available
Days 12 - 14Tue 01 Dec - Thu 03 Dec - (09:00 - 17:00)
Days 15 – 17Tue 26 Jan - Thu 28 Jan - (09:00 - 17:00)
Days 18 – 20Tue 02 Mar - Thu 04 Mar - (09:00 - 17:00)
- Diploma earlybird discount £970.00 excl.
- £1,020.00 excl.
This nine-day course is the third and final part of the full 20-day End of Life Doula Diploma Training. It is only available to learners who have completed the Part I Foundation and Part II of the training.
The course is portfolio based learning and is externally monitored and certified by Crossfields Institute. The full 20 day programme has been awarded the Crossfields Institute Quality Mark.
Themes covered include:
- Use of imagery and the use of metaphor
- Unconscious processes, acknowledging the shadow
- Maintaining healthy energy system
- Motivation for becoming a Doula
- Ethics, assisted suicide/ euthanasia/exit
- Reflective practice in the Doula Role
- Compassionate presence
- Palliative care symptom control
- Pain and suffering
- Spirituality, faith, belief and religion
- Role of the Doula in spiritual care
- Unusual phenomenon at the time of dying
- Complementary therapies in end of life care
- Reminiscence work
- The arts in end of life support
- The concept of the soul's journey
- Inner and outer practices to support the soul's journey
- Assessing needs of client and family
- Endings and new beginnings
- Withdrawing from a relationship
Maximum of 16 people per training group.
This course is only available for learners who have completed our Foundation Training and Part II Diploma courses.