The Diploma in the Living Well Dying Well Person-Centred Approach to Death and Dying is made up of three courses delivered over a 20-day programme. The Diploma course Part II provides additional six days training after the Foundation course and is only open to Learners who have received their progression statement.
No events to show
This six-day course is the second part of the full 20-day End of Life Doula Diploma training. It is only available for people who have completed our Foundation Training and submitted their progression assignment & have received their feedback and progression statement to confirm their progression to Part II. The course expands on the knowledge and skills required for the Doula role whilst working towards Part III and the full Diploma. All courses are externally monitored and certified by Crossfields Institute. The full 20 day programme has been awarded the Crossfields Institute Quality Mark.
Themes covered include:
- Self-care building resilience
- What I bring to the Doula role
- Volunteering opportunities
- Exploring boundaries
- Practice issues – signposting & safeguarding
- Mapping the family tree
- Family relationships and family dynamics
- Listening and communications skills
- Relaxation techniques -stress responses acute/chronic stress
- Appropriate use of touch
- Personal perspectives on life and death
- Dynamics of power and control in the helping relationship
- Practice standards /record keeping/LWDW Values, code of practice
- Involving your community
- Role of the Doula in hosting a community event
Maximum of 16 people per training group.
This course is only available for learners who have completed our Foundation Training and submitted their progression assignment & have received their feedback and Progression Statement to confirm their progression to Part II.