Date / Starting Date - 17/03/2016 - 19/03/2016
The Tin Tabernacle
Barcombe, BN8 5TJ
THE COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU’D LIKE TO GO ON THE CANCELLATION LIST AND RECEIVE INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEXT FOUNDATION COURSE.
This five-day foundation course is the first part of the full 21-day End of Life Doula training.
Held in E.Sussex on March 17th, 18th, 19th + April 14th & 15th 2016
Themes covered include:
- understanding grief
- emotional and spiritual responses to death
- physical changes at the end of life
- palliative care
- increasing comfort and supportive therapies
- rituals and practices within cultural and faith groups
- socio-legal requirements
- the soul’s journey
- spiritual and self-care practices.
Maximum of 16 people per training group.
Participants can take the Foundation as a stand-alone course or build towards a Volunteer Certificate, or Advanced Diploma.
The course is portfolio based learning and is externally monitored and certified by Crossfields Institute. You will need to register with them for your Certificate, so budget for an extra £220 for the full 21-day training. Doula brochure 2015- Doula Foundation Course FAQs
Course requirements and expectations
The End of Life Doula role requires a high level of self-awareness, reflection, empathy and communication skills; all are personal qualities which straddle a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. A commitment to personal development is essential. We have found that learners drawn to these courses are often on a personal or vocational journey and may include:
- Lay people with a special feeling for being with the dying, who want to support friends, family or colleagues
- People with a professional background, such as nurses, complementary therapists, counsellors, clergy or nursing home staff, who want to develop skills in end of life support
Therefore, we ask that participants have
- An affinity for this subject.
- A willingness to embark upon a personal journey.
- Maturity, sensitivity, adaptability, empathy and good communication skills and are over 18 years old.
- An awareness of, and are open to, spirituality in all its forms.
- A wish to expand their knowledge and become more confident with death and dying.
The course will bring personal experiences and issues around illness, death and bereavement to the forefront and it is important that learners are aware and prepared to manage these. We gauge this through conversations and the short piece of writing we request prior to accepting the registration fee. If an applicant has recently been through a bereavement, we will discuss the timing of their entry on to the course with them.
Booking Conditions and Cancellation Policy If you wish to cancel within 14 days of making your booking you will receive a full refund of the price paid. In the event of a cancellation after 14 days, the deposit is non-refundable.
If you cancel up to 28 days before the course starts, 25% of the course fee is retained. If less than 28 days notice is given, 50% of fee will be retained. If less than 14 days notice the full fee will be retained. All cancellations should be received in writing either by letter or email.
In the unlikely event of cancellation by LWDW it should be noted that we will not be held liable for any participants’ travel/accommodation costs.
How to book
You can book and pay in two ways:
- Using PayPal using your credit and debit card – please select PayPal at the end of the booking form below.
- By Cheque or BACs – please complete the form and select “pay offline” using the form below.
If you choose to pay offline we please make your payment as follows, we will confirm your place once payment have been received.
By cheque: Made payable to LWDW Training Ltd
By BACS: Triodos Bank, Sort Code: 16-58-10, Acc. No: 20713924
Please send cheques to Event Registration, Top Floor, 36 St Nicholas Lane, Lewes BN7 2JZ
OnlineBooking and Prices
Bookings are closed for this event.